News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Esks Rivers Trust

Started by Wildfisher, March 08, 2013, 09:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Guys, just to let you know I was asked by the trustees of the Esks Rivers Trust if I would  join them.  After attending a Trust meeting last week  I accepted.

As well as overseeing projects on the world famous salmon rivers, the North and South Esks, the Trust's remit includes the Bervie Water and also the Lunan Water which runs almost past my door.

My main focus will be trout and trout related projects. The Trust specifically wanted someone to "speak for trout" and  as a wild trout fisherman in what often appears  to be a very salmon orientated Scotland,  I find  that very positive and encouraging.

I will also  run and hopefully improve the combined Trust and Fisheries Board web site www.erft.org.uk

I  believe that ordinary anglers should get involved in these things and not just expect others to act on their behalf. Nothing is easier and lazier than negativity and cynicism.  I am very pleased to join fellow Wild Fishing Forum member Hopper (Eric)  on the Trust  We shall see how it goes.

I have no monopoly on ideas, so if anyone has any at all please contact me by PM.   :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on March 08, 2013, 10:25:30 AM
Never were truer words spoken. How you get the ordinary angler off his backside is another matter

This is not something that is exclusive to angling. In most clubs or organizations  up and down the land most things are driven by the few. It's worse than that in fact as the few who actually bother are often the focus of contempt, accusations and criticism from those who do the least. 

Go To Front Page