News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What Makes A Good Trout Fly Rod?.

Started by Wildfisher, December 17, 2013, 12:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The rod is in first class condition, but the plastic rod tube is not  "Bloke". I'd be looking for around £100 + shipping. It's a #6 weight, but as I said some might be happier using  a #7 line.  It's a very well made rod as you know Blokes are and the colour is brown.

[attachimg=1]

Guddler

What makes a good trout fly rod? I'm pretty sure I'm not qualified to answer that but isn't it just what works for you?
I've had umpteen rods, having previously had more money than sense and a belief that a different rod would make me a better caster. Both of those are rectified now!  :lol:

Lots of rods sold on and, in reality, still too many owned, last year saw me stick with my perennial favourite Orvis Frequent Flyer 9' #5 and then a posh Sage SLT 9' 6" #6 for most of the second half of the season when it seemed to be blowing a hoolie every time I ventured out. I certainly caught more fish earlier on in the season and perhaps I confused casting "farther" with casting "better" when using the Sage?  :?

Robbie

Quote from: Alan on December 20, 2013, 12:13:49 PM
I never understood why people would think its different, lines differ for sure but casting in a field is much the same as casting on water as far as the rod goes.

You'd have to be pretty good to catch a whumper if you're not casting on water.

Part-time

Quote from: admin on December 18, 2013, 09:02:29 AM
The rod is in first class condition, but the plastic rod tube is not  "Bloke". I'd be looking for around £100 + shipping. It's a #6 weight, but as I said some might be happier using  a #7 line.  It's a very well made rod as you know Blokes are and the colour is brown.

[attachimg=1]

Sorry, only just noticed your post. I'm tempted but not a rod I really need so I will resist :)

Wildfisher

No problem John. I'm not sure I would be capable of  parting with 2 fly rods over such a short period anyway.   :lol:

Go To Front Page