News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the A9 has a new tackle shop.

Started by bibio1, February 09, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoolet

One for the wuperts I'd say.

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

rannoch raider

Stopped off for a nosey last year. 'Wooperts' and 'Henriettas' everywhere. We pushed the boat out and bought a pound of hand made sausages. They were the only items there that we could buy without to much grimacing and while there is no disputing they are a shower of 'robbing barstewards' , I have got to say the sausages were absolutely superb !

superscot

There is no denying the food hall serves up some tremendous foods but at a cost!

Stop of for a tea /soup and a cake and  yer heart misses a beat when you get the bill, as for having a meal of sorts never even looked.

It's when you go into the Gallery that you start to realise that you're from another planet! I just look in amazement at how they can justify some of the prices asked for certain pieces.

Still I did get a wee laugh one time in the gents out door department where I'm not sure if it's still there a cast of a huge Atlantic salmon used to hang on the wall as  you enter and I said very nice but a tad small for me !

The guy looked and I  replied when you have hooked an 84 punner aff the Kenai  that's a big fish and walked away laughin ! 

They never did get a sale !     

Calum

My we're a cynical bunch - one week we're bemoaning the loss of tackle shops and the next week we're complaining about one that's opened  :lol:

"£50 snips" that's nothing you must have missed the Abel ones costing £89.95 or even the £4.95 Airflo ones or £4.95 Streamworks ones.

"£1500 Salmon Reel" aye right enough, it's a hefty price to pay but it is hand made in Oregon, USA by a family company with three employees and it is widely recognised as the finest salmon reel in the world for the big fish rivers of Scandinavia and Russia.  If you dinnae quite fancy a trip to the former USSR then thankfully there are also salmon reels from Vision for less than £50 which I thought was pretty good value.  Not everyone wants to or can afford to fish in some of these places that might demand the capacity of the big reels...

I also see there is Seaguar flurocarbon at almost £25 for a spool!  £25 for a spool of gut!! Just as well there is maxima chameleon as well as the maxima ultragreen, frog hair, powerflex, fulling mill and even profil leaders by Leeda because some folk still use that stuff.  Can you believe it?  :lol:

And I wouldn't even think about the rod room where they sell the Hardy Bros Zenith - hand built in Alnwick - at an eye watering £1500!  Just as well there is also the good old Shakey Oracle Scandi and Spey rods for just over £100!  Phew.....It seems that everyone can afford to fish after all  :D  If you fancy some more bling that Shakespeare, you can also choose from Greys, Vision, Guideline, Orvis, Scott Mackenzie, Sage, Hardy, Hardy Bros and LTS...

I thought the salmon and trout fly range is as good as I've seen anywhere in the country and I have been about a bit - and if you look closely you will see that there ARE even Peter Woss flies in size 8,10 and 12 if you want them...... :shock:

"Doing very well, very well indeed"  I don't ever remember saying that.  You should have introduced yersel' 

That's right folks, you've guessed it, I run the department at Bruar  :D  Having fished throughout Scotland for over 30 years I saw it as an interesting opportunity, to work for a family who are passionate about fishing.  As someone who is equally passionate about fishing I have strived to choose brands from across the game angling world - some well known, some not so, but most of all I can guarantee that we can look after folk whatever they want to spend - even if that is £269 for a pair of pliers!  By the way the £9.95 ones were just around the corner  :)

So next time you're passing do come in and say hello, we do some pretty good Mill End lines for less than a tenner....

Calum

Harpo

bibio1

The Abel pliers were £50 and it wiz your colleague I spoke to grey hair...black eye brows.

Calum

Quote from: bibio1 on February 10, 2014, 12:36:02 AM
The Abel pliers were £50 and it wiz your colleague I spoke to grey hair...black eye brows.

Jings, you could have had yersel a bargain, because the Abel pliers are actually well over £200 :shock:  Nope, the 'plain' Abel snips are £50 but you could have spent £89 for hand painted fish patterned ones if that's your thing.

Ah, my "colleague" aye, he's not the "manager of the department" that would be me ;-)  Typical fisherman, he's always exaggerating........

bibio1

Sorry my.mistake it was the snips that were £50.

Anyway I'd rather you got the  business than John Norris.

Maybe you can do me a.favour and tell the kitchen to always have cauliflower cheese on. My misses hasn't stopped talkin about the fact there was none all  day.

Bobfly

The best thing to do at the Falls of Bruar is visit the Falls along the paths up to the old Victorian river bridges. There is a nice rock arch before the first bridge.
Go to the rear right hand corner of the main courtyard shopping bit, through the gap in the building to the right, go onto the path and go upstream on the excellent path under the railway bridge and so upstream following the river-side pathway. Lovely pools in the gorge. Once you reach the first stone arch keep on the left path and go on upstream to the second bridge, cross over the gorge and come down the other bank to reach the first bridge. Take a camera. One of the best riverside walks in Perthshire. After that you can feel justified in buying two packs of sausages and a cup of coffee.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

'Two packs'of sausages ! Showing off there a bit mate ! :D

Go To Front Page