News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Good campsites!

Started by Lochan_load, May 04, 2015, 09:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I have officially embraced middle age! At the age of 36 I may be to young to do this but family circumstances mean I have to take my dogs on holiday this year and therefore our usual sun holiday is not possible. We looked at renting a motor home type thing but it was upwards of £1000 a week  :shock: so decided to look for a decent second hand caravan for around the same price that we could use through the summer as well as our tour round north Scotland in august. 

I'm basically looking to see if anyone on the forum has one and can recommend good sites around Scotland or has any ideas for 'must see' stop offs to help me come up with a good round trip later in the year. Really looking for sites or places we can stop (legally!) in nice areas with good views and on the quieter side, not anywhere to big or busy, just somewhere we can relax and walk the dogs and I can maybe squeeze in a few hours fishing! Any suggestions welcome, cheers folks

haresear

Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

Don't miss Arisaig. One of the nicest areas for views with plenty of sites along the shoreline and all sorts of fishing to be had nearby. :wink:

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Yip, all good suggestions. Arisaig is a definate on the hit list. The more northerly ones will be held in reserve for the big trip. Keep em coming   :)   

Ps if anyone has any experience of heading to any of the islands with a caravan id be interested to hear your thoughts on that, cheers folks

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 04, 2015, 10:44:38 PM
Ps if anyone has any experience of heading to any of the islands with a caravan id be interested to hear your thoughts on that, cheers folks
you might find that a boat is a better option....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Sorry Dave I'm very new to this  :lol:

corsican dave

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on May 04, 2015, 10:06:07 PM
These are in lovely spots - and there is fishing!
http://www.portabhaigh.co.uk/
http://shorecaravansite.yolasite.com/

Those are indeed lovely spots, but  I'd think twice about towing a caravan along that tortuous single trachk road to Achilitbuie.

You would not be popular!  :lol:

haresear

Quote from: admin on May 05, 2015, 06:45:08 PM
Those are indeed lovely spots, but  I'd think twice about towing a caravan along that tortuous single trachk road to Achilitbuie.

You would not be popular!  :lol:

I know a guy who towed a 'van from the Inverpolly road to Lochinver :shock: He did it working on the basis that there was no way he would meet anyone equally crazy enough to be doing the same.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page