News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lightweight rucksack?

Started by caorach, October 20, 2015, 11:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

I use the Bergaus Vulcan I think it's 3.5kg with the rocket pouches at 100L most the time I use it without for its size though it's very comfy you can fit all your day stuff in the top compartment and tent, doss bag in the main body with your jackets. To make it lighter you can take the metal frame out which will really reduce the weight.

corsican dave

you two would be better off fishing together with Soldier carrying Caorach in the pack....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

caorach

Quote from: corsican dave on October 23, 2015, 09:11:43 AM
you two would be better off fishing together with Soldier carrying Caorach in the pack....

Well, I got a laugh :-)

This is a great idea, for years I've been walking miles to my fishing little realising that there was the option to get someone with a huge rucksack to carry me.

Fishtales

Quote from: SoldierPmr on October 23, 2015, 05:43:41 AM
I use the Bergaus Vulcan I think it's 3.5kg with the rocket pouches at 100L most the time I use it without for its size though it's very comfy you can fit all your day stuff in the top compartment and tent, doss bag in the main body with your jackets. To make it lighter you can take the metal frame out which will really reduce the weight.

Your pack alone weighs as much as my tent and sleeping bag combined :shock: Dropping it back to even a 2kg pack would mean easier walking and less strain on the knees and hips, and room for more food  :8)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: SoldierPmr on October 23, 2015, 05:43:41 AM
I use the Bergaus Vulcan I think it's 3.5kg with the rocket pouches at 100L

I weighed mine - it's 2.75 kg.

SoldierPmr

Quote from: admin on October 23, 2015, 12:01:23 PM
I weighed mine - it's 2.75 kg.

Cheers Fred I overesitmated is that with the pouches on?

Dave I have not got the spine to carry some one any more I was running around with 17kg on my back the other week and I thought that was a tad heavy  :lol:

Wildfisher

rannoch raider

I've seen a few of these on the go. I've never used the rucksack type but I've got a lot of other Lomo gear including their dry bags and it's all top notch. It's also very reasonably priced.
The 60l rucksack seems to be favoured by Alistair Humphries, walker , cyclist, explorer, adventurer and all round nutter so I'd guess it's well up to the job.

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/rucksack-dry-bags-rucksacks.html

Wildfisher

That Lomo is so basic and yet so clever

rannoch raider

Yep, It's also so cheap and well made.

Go To Front Page