News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

DD Hamocks 3x3 Tarp

Started by SoldierPmr, November 01, 2015, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

I thought I would start this thread as I mentioned before about using a tarp as a tent while out today I put the tarp up in acouple of tent fashions.

First off is the open door it's got plenty of room and is fine for using a stove inside this will keep the bad weather off you.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

This second way is almost like a tipi for when the weather is horrifc the tarp in completely sealed with a very strong triangle frame.

You enter this tarp by the fold at the front opens up.

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

For £30 you can't complain and you can do all the normal tarpy stuff like the A frame or just a roof etc.

caorach

Interesting stuff. I've never been convinced by a tarp and suspect that a lot of people will migrate back to tents in due course but even so your pictures show how flexible they can be. I personally would still prefer a tent if only because of the midges but maybe I'll migrate to a tarp in due course!

SoldierPmr

Only thing you can do in a tarp is sleep in a bivie bag and wear a midge net so that it covers the gaps in sleeping bag.

The tarp is great for day trips where you don't want to carry much weight and if your ever caught out in the weather can be thrown up in minutes.

Wildfisher

I'd be too concerned about midgies to use that set up in from May until November.  :lol:

caorach

Quote from: admin on November 01, 2015, 10:12:44 PM
I'd be too concerned about midgies to use that set up in from May until November.  :lol:

Interestingly I was eaten by the midges while out on Saturday evening, 31st October so pretty late for them.

However the spring and summer were so cold that the midges were probably at least a month late in getting going but when they did get started it was like a whole months worth of midges hatched in one day :-)

I can see how the tarp is great on a day out as you can stick it up and climb in if the weather gets nasty. I tend to stop and make lots of tea as I go along so it would be handy to be able to put up my wee house and take tea out of the rain but, being honest, I don't see me going to the bother of putting one up.

Go To Front Page