News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New sale

Started by Fishtales, December 20, 2015, 11:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Hope that's an "ethical"  company Sandy..................     :roll:

:lol:

Fishtales

I was going to put up the Craghopper sale too but then I remembered their clothes are made in Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Ceylon and India well known low paid countries :roll: The thing is though if they were paid higher wages then it would destabilise the economies and there would be thousands of millionaires and no workers left :) There would also be hundreds of the workers murdered by people wanting their jobs.

I remember a mate of mine who went to Nigeria to work as an electrician. He was appointed a young black lad to carry his tools, all the workers had one. He was told the pay was 1 whatever the currency was. He thought that wasn't enough for carrying around heavy tool kits in scorching heat so he gave him 5. The lad ran off screaming and shouting and jumping in the air to his fellow boys. He was taken aside and told not to give them any more than the rate as if he gave them more then the others would expect the same but then they wouldn't turn up for weeks because they had made so much money they didn't need to come back. They may seem low paid by our standards but well paid by theirs.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

I know what you mean Sandy. I was going to mention the good service I got in our local outdoor gear  shop in Arbroath until I remembered just in the nick of time how we Scots had played a disproportionately large role in the slave trade and the suppression of native Americans.  Plus the fact it's run by a retired Marine Commando, a blatant instrument  of the western-neo-fascist-imperialist-industrial-military complex.  :lol:

hopper

Think you will be loosing that outdoor shop at the end of January, this was a shop I did use as there stuff was good quality.

Go To Front Page