News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bergans 4 -6 Lavvo

Started by SoldierPmr, May 18, 2016, 01:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

First of all many thanks to our own CD for this he shipped it last Thursday and it arrived Monday his service was outstanding.

This is the first chance I have had to set it up and have a little play with it.
It weighs around 5kg I know that's fairly hefty but for a huge tent it's very light. I also bought a tentipi fire box to go along with it and at 3.5kg I won't be lugging that around for long distances.

[attachimg=1]

Within a minute the tent was sweating hot with the front door left open with the fire on.

And as you can see the living space is huge inside though you need to crouch abit inside but that's nothing when you consider most tents you have to crawl on your hands and knees.

[attachimg=2]

One thing to watch for with the fire box is the build up of smoke around the top of the door when it's left open at ground and crouch level there is nothing to worry about.

[attachimg=3]

And the dug approves  :lol:

Hopfully I will have chance this weekend to give it a proper go.

corsican dave

Quote from: SoldierPmr on May 18, 2016, 01:34:52 PM
And the dug approves  :lol:
which is the main thing, of course  :D

nice to see it in use  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Billy

When I saw the picture I thought CD had the thing delivered with the fire box lit.

Now that would have been impressive service.  :)

Billy

rannoch raider

looks like a great bit of kit for a basecamp. There was a similar tent with the chimney set up at Loch Rannoch last winter. It was smoking away during some real cold weather and judging from the laughing and banter from within, it was keeping its occupants pretty comfortable.

Bobfly

Now that reminds me of my Scouting days from 1956 !!!! Mind you those bell tents were built from ocean-going thick sail cloth and were more like 50Kg rather than 5Kg. Loads of room in a round bell tent.   :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Bobfly on May 18, 2016, 06:09:25 PM
Now that reminds me of my Scouting days from 1956 !!!! Mind you those bell tents were built from ocean-going thick sail cloth and were more like 50Kg rather than 5Kg. Loads of room in a round bell tent.   :D :D

I remeber we use to use the old orange triangle shaped tents I think they were by blacks. They weighed a ton but they did the job and done it really well.

SoldierPmr

Well the Vulcan is loaded with enough kit to last a few days or a few months including the lavvo  :lol:
The only thing not loaded in there is dog food and my food. It weighs a whopping 22kg including water.

[attachimg=1]

caorach

I think by the time you add everything up the Vango Banshee I used last year was the best part of 3kg and to be honest it was a very optimistic 2 man tent, so 5kg for such a large tent isn't too bad really. Would be handy if you can spread the weight between a few people on a trip I guess.

I'm still working on my "lightweight" plans but haven't had a night out as yet but I don't think I will be as warm or have as much space!

SoldierPmr

I havn't had the chance to do an overnighter yet but had some free time today so decided to do some training for my back and took the lavvu out.

After a few hours I decided to set it up.

[attachimg=1]

I made a small fire inside to make my self a brew it was already a hot day and this lavvu seems to be able to absorb the heat from the sun.

[attachimg=2]

As you can see ample room for a man and his dog and too much kit.

[attachimg=3]

It's fairly quick to take down for the size taking it easy in good weather was done in about 10 to 15 minutes.

[attachimg=4]

And the dug with a mating pare of damsels on her back  :lol:

[attachimg=5]

corsican dave

i'm just so pleased to see it being used, Liam. really glad you're enjoying it!  :D
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page