News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

lamson litespeed great prices

Started by corsican dave, May 07, 2017, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Have they fixed that wear issue on the frame? The one that ends up slicing though fly lines.

corsican dave

good point. wasn't aware of that. not had a problem with my guru, but tell us more.... caring is sharing  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Alex has details of the problem Dave he had a few of those reels.

corsican dave

that would be great to read. i understand their customer service is pretty good?

never really bothered with doing any research much before (got my guru from john norris as an alternative to a snowbee i ordered; and i wasn't complaining & it's always worked just fine) but this makes for interesting reading. http://www.manictackleproject.com/about-waterworks-lamson/  i quite like their approach

haresear

I have just noticed this thread..
My Lamsons were all nice reels initially but over time in each case the hard baked finish wore through and my fly lines began slicing through the bottom pillar where the line runs over it when pulling line off.
I now use Vossellers which have cleverly offset the pillar so that the line doesn't run over it.
Protect the edge.

corsican dave

i'm not sure that's the case with the more recent models Alex? it's difficult to see how the line would touch the bottom pillar on my Guru, for instance. unless i'd absolutely stuffed the reel with line? maybe i'm not seeing it the right way, tho'.

i think they've sorted the hard alox coating now. not heard any recent reports of it wearing out?

Go To Front Page