News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bloke rods and blanks

Started by Lochan_load, October 02, 2018, 11:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I have a Harrison 10ft 5wt and it's a brilliant rod. Not sure about bloke at all. Happy to trial.

Part-time

Quote from: Lochan_load on October 05, 2018, 06:58:40 PM
Thanks for the replies folks, sorry I was a bit slow in responding I was away landing a rather fine 8lber with the wife  :lol:

Congratulations Andy - cock or a hen?  :D

For the time and effort that I expect is needed to build your own rod I'd be going for the Harrison as well. I've no experience of them but anything I've heard about them has been good.

Lochan_load

:lol: a lovely little hen!

I'd never heard of them John but that's why I put the post up, as always the forum knows best!
Paul not sure there's a rod you don't own  :lol: think it's a 10' 5 wt I'll do, if it's not a hassle bring it along when we meet up.

bibio1

No problem I'll bring both. Congratulations on all fronts

SoldierPmr

Lochan_load

Cheers for the well wishes guys! Back to business.....my new wet fly rod arrived this morning  :lol:
Blank looks excellent.
[attachimg=1]

johnny boy

You got me thinking that this may be a good winter project, any suggestions for the accessories (handle, eyes).

I may try putting a #6 if I can find a decent mid action blank

bibio1

Andy,

If you want a loan of the electric rotation tool etc just let me know.

Lochan_load

That would be magic paul, I've been looking at them but wasn't sure about buying one in case I don't want to do it again. Was just going to make a simple turner and hand do it but that would be a bonus, if I like doing it I'll buy one. Cheers

Johnny I got my components here, a supplier on Etsy who's stuff looked nice.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TaniwhaRodworks

Got the blank from meadow fishery who sell a lot of rod building stuff and seem pretty good. There's rodsandblanks as well.
I've looked at a lot of YouTube stuff that's been helpful, I'll post up some links at some point.

Billy

Somehow I missed this thread.

Congratulations Andy on both new arrivals.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of both and please send my regards to your better half.

Billy

Go To Front Page