News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

This would be handy

Started by burnie, March 01, 2019, 11:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnie

Bobfly

Nowhere to put the fish  .... !!!       That is me decided against buying one.  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnny boy

How the other half live, what a waste of money that would be.

Mind you it would be nice to have the option

Wildfisher

We had a look in that House of Bruar on the way home last week. Well worth a laugh, not a lot of Fladen fishing gear for sale there I can tell you.  :lol:

superscot

House of Bruar I do like a wee visit every now and again to view in astonishment at just how much this type of place can charge people, some lovely shoes and clothing but comes at a price and dare you enter the café! Couple of scones and twa coffees will set you back £15 quid plus. Also, a wee seat in the sporting dept on the lovely chesterfield seats enjoying the Shooting Times or Trout & Salmon speaking right posh. Once had a laugh when I was overheard by a gentleman on my comment on the salmon cast on the wall at, I think 32lbs or so massive fish in anyone's book I had passed the comment that it was small compared to my lifetime 85lb King from the Kenai well I thought I had found my long lost brother .....Took me ages to get away from him

Fishtales

Quote from: superscot on March 04, 2019, 04:55:36 PM
House of Bruar I do like a wee visit every now and again to view in astonishment at just how much this type of place can charge people, some lovely shoes and clothing but comes at a price and dare you enter the café! Couple of scones and twa coffees will set you back £15 quid plus. Also, a wee seat in the sporting dept on the lovely chesterfield seats enjoying the Shooting Times or Trout & Salmon speaking right posh. Once had a laugh when I was overheard by a gentleman on my comment on the salmon cast on the wall at, I think 32lbs or so massive fish in anyone's book I had passed the comment that it was small compared to my lifetime 85lb King from the Kenai well I thought I had found my long lost brother .....Took me ages to get away from him

My wife and I call it The Cattle Market as it is always full with people pushing and shoving to get  somewhere and queues a mile long for overpriced food 😁

Just as well it wasn't  me he overheard as  I would have said I had a spring kelt from the Tay bigger than that 😂😂😂
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

burnie

We've had some excellent food at Bruar in the past, Sunday dinners were good value last year, I buy a fair amount of my clothes from there too, prices were par for the course I thought and I bought my 5# Hardy troot outfit from there in a sale, got the reel free and the price was acceptable for the gear that I got. Each to our own I guess.

Highlander

I have a wee summer break every year in Pitlochry,a lways have a look see House Of Bruar. Yes it is high end stuff but nice never the yes. Bought a Berghaus Fleece last year at no more than what I would have paid in TISO or Go Outdoors.
The cafe' is fine for a Latte & scone,  not any more than you would pay in a fancy town establishment. All in all worth a walk round even if you do not buy anything. The fishing shop has a nice display of old Hardy reels etc.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Bobfly

To give yourself a wee appetite for coffee and buns walk up the Falls of Briar path before hand. Either go to the road bridge along east of the buildings or go through the gap between the buildings at the back right as you face the hill behind. The route is well built and goes through a little tunnel under the railway. The falls walk is great and leads up to the first bridge with a surprise hidden view arch and a natural rock arch. Continue up the true right bank to an upper gorge and and a fine stone arch bridge to cross over and back down to the first bridge to get back onto the lower gorge path. Takes an hour well spent. One of the best little known walks. Great in the autumn.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Not done that walk myself vaughan but the wife said it's lovely so will do it sometime im up that way.
The tackle shop is a bit on the expensive side but it's been a handy stop off for me on the road north before when I've needed leader/gink and stuff like that and it's nice for a poke about.

Go To Front Page