News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Busy, busy, busy

Started by Wildfisher, June 23, 2022, 08:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

By the way if you think Gairich is dull take a wee stroll up Ben Chonzie.  ;)

burnie

There are a lot of walking clubs that often go out mob handed, Friockheim do on occasion, one of the reasons I declined the invite to join, along with it is always a race to see who gets there first, I keep stopping to take pictures and they don't like that.

Wildfisher

Heaven knows what the bothies are like these days. Even back in pre-mob times they could be dire.

I watched a video the other day where a chap camped on the bealach above Corrour in the Lairig because there were just so many tents pitched round the bothy.

Guest_8

Aye, Corrour bothy is a busy yin. I've never been a bothy fan tbh, far rather pick my own spot than risk some loud twat appearing late on!.

I like to see lots of folk out in the hills tbh, it's much better than seeing folks queueing up in their cars to get into the likes of braehead shopping centre.

The only folks we met around Lurg Mhor were folks doing the corbetts, the usual solo 50+ year old guys.

Wildfisher

Quote from: GallowayBlueline on June 25, 2022, 06:10:29 PM
I've never been a bothy fan tbh, far rather pick my own spot than risk some loud twat appearing late on!.

same here Greg, always hated them. They are honeypots and you have to wonder how long before the various estates start closing them down.  Has already happened to some of the old ones

Guest_8

It's a bit of a trade off really, MRTs will always want to keep bothies open, from a safe shelter point of view. Our local ones in Galloway have been surprisingly decent recently, they've always had an issue with the local fuckwits polluting them.

Loch Doon however, is a nightmare now. I counted over 100 tents one Sunday morning during the first summer of covid. I'd have no issue, but the shite they leave is ridiculous.

Ever watched 'hooks' on YouTube Fred? Quite old and done on a cheap digital camera, but we'll worth a watch.

Wildfisher

I'll check that out Greg

Guest_8

Wildfisher

Watching it right now. I need to recover after a bike run in that feckin gale this morning. Comforting to see the hiker is almost as old as I am.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesqy-8gIYY&t=1354s

Guest_8

Experienced Fred, not old  8)

Well done getting out, when it's this windy my bikes stay in the garage!

Go To Front Page