News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arawa

Quote from: Jon on Yesterday at 05:57:09 PMErrrrr, honestly there's a decent selection of bourbon in the UK. Infact some bottles can be easier here to obtain than in some US states believe it or not.

We buy a lot from this place. I'll be taking a bottle of Michter's Rye with me tonight from there.

https://www.mitchellswine.co.uk/search/?key=bourbon

Trawl through the page and you'll find a lot of good stuff. The owners James and Frankie really know their stuff and will ship at sensible prices too.

Thanks. Quite a few items were "out of stock" here too but I grabbed a bottle of the Elija Craig 12-year old. I like the Mitchers too and have a bottle of the Sour Mash on the go at the moment.

Jon

Quote from: arawa on Yesterday at 06:49:08 PMThanks. Quite a few items were "out of stock" here too but I grabbed a bottle of the Elija Craig 12-year old. I like the Mitchers too and have a bottle of the Sour Mash on the go at the moment.

There is. And on the flipside there's stuff that isn't listed on the website. So if you're looking for anything in particular give them a call or drop them a message on FB. :)

Jon

A few from last night. The Willets bourbon was easily my favourite.

I've tried the blend Campbeltown Loch before at a Springbank tasting and thought it was good then. Though last night I was less impressed.

The cask strength Glendronach definitely needed a drop of water. It's a bit harsh bear.

The 17 year old Arran lacked complexity. I was pretty disappointed with that to be honest.

We ended up with a couple of bottle kills. And the Michters Rye remains unopened. Until next time.

Go To Front Page