News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Daiwa Rods

Started by Wildfisher, April 08, 2005, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dseabass

am not a tackle tart ,,  dont personally  see the need for having a dozen rods ,, i use 2 for most fishing a 9ft airflow classic #5  which is fine for the wee lochs and  burns/rivers   and a 10ft airflow delta #6  never felt any need to change them the delta is better for the larger lochs and windier days ,,, the only problem i have with the 3 piece delta is very occassionally the top piece comes off as im fishing ,which can piss me off ((((  any tips on stopping that happening ?? ))   also use an old rod which has no name on it ,,heaven knows where i picked it up but ---its just over 10 ft and probably a #6//#7  wt  i recon its i made up rod that came from a car boot sale somewhere ,, but its excellent for using in the sea and for when i wouldnt be devastated if it broke ,when there is plenty  :cheers; about

haresear

Quotevery occassionally the top piece comes off as im fishing ,which can piss me off ((((  any tips on stopping that happening ?? ))   

Try rubbing candle wax on the male ferrule. Just a light coating.

I have a couple of rods which are prone to this too and I've never yet got around to using the candle trick on those, but I've used it in the past successfully.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Crawhin

Dseabass,

As Alex say (he beat me to it) for your joint problem  :lol: I'd also reccomend the candle trick. Just a light coating. This should give a snugger more secure fit. If that's still no good you might have to tape the joint each time - but that would be a bit fiddly.

Cheers,

Ian

dseabass

cheers guys  ,, gonna give that rod a wee airing again to try the candle thing ,,,  the missus will love that when a ask her where the candles ur ,,, and tell her its fr the male spigot which keeps slippin oot  :lol:

Allan Crawford

One of my working rods that I've been using, a Greys GRXi 10ft 6/7 WT over the last couple of seasons and I could be wrong but I don't think its any lighter or faster than my Diawa 10' WF 6/7 (one of the last ones made). Also really like my Diawa Wilderness 10' 7wt 6 piece. Ok so its not as good as my Gloomis GLX-D 10' 7wt, (what rod is ?) but then its much cheaper !

I have a problem buying rods that I used to try and defend but now I just don't care !

Go To Front Page