News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

I'll be along about 8.30 again, think this will be the best i can manage from now on. Stick around late guys  :lol:

paulr

Made it along to the casting club last night,it was great-very informal.Was nice to see some old and new faces.Thanks to Alex and Alberto for helping me out.
It's made me start to think about my casting which can only be a good thing.Despite fishing for most of my life it would appear that I have a hell of a lot to learn about casting!
cheers
Paul

Wildfisher

Quote from: paulr on August 21, 2009, 09:26:33 AM
Despite fishing for most of my life it would appear that I have a hell of a lot to learn about casting!
cheers

Most of us do, in fact we probably all do, but as Buzz said  sometime ago  - don't let it ruin your fishing.

River Chatter

Yeah it was good last night, not least because the rain Gods kindly took a tea break for the duration! Not sure if he read this, but I'd like to say thanks to Andrew (caster extraordinaire) for spending time with the newby I brought along - cheers mate I was failing him miserably! It's very obvious to me that I've got a long way to go too in terms of my casting ability, but I'm inspired to improve when watching the better casters do their stuff at th Club. I'll get there... eventually!  :D

scotty9

Paul i forgot to ask last night, was there an outcome to the mystery fly line destruction?

River Chatter - you definitely got the right guy to help. Andrew's the best guy for the job. Helped me loads to get my casting sorted out, it's come on leaps and bounds since then.

paulr

Nah Scotty,
Once it became apparent that I can't actually cast, the line damage was forgotten about!
cheers
Paul

scotty9

Make sure there's some battery left for me arriving!  :lol:

Malcolm

Quote from: zoomer on August 21, 2009, 04:40:17 PM
fmalcolm in a casual sports jacket, with pipe, holding an umbrella in one hand and casting with the other

Data items correct, sequence wrong. Should be a business analyst :)

Thanks to Hare's Ear for showing me the overhead curve cast and to Zoomer for the bump roll. Having never had a casting lesson it's quite fascinating watching how rather more classical casters manage to repeat a casting action time after time rather than just pitching the fly out there.... 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Black-Don

Did the young lad Blair turn up last night ?

Wildfisher

Quote from: zoomer on August 21, 2009, 10:15:19 PM
it has gotton very busy to the point that you just cant talk to everyone.

See what happens if you let just any bugger in?

What you need is reports section style access to keep the riff raff out.  :lol:

Go To Front Page