News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Aerial Mends

Started by Wildfisher, September 26, 2009, 10:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

[quotethe problem disappears if you hold the rod with the hand 90 deg anti clockwise (assuming you are a "thumb on top" caster) and then do the cast ][/quote]

Do you mean with the reel face upwards Malcolm? In other words, with the knuckles pointing left?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Have any of you guys tried integrating to get the area under the curve?  I?m not sure  what good it would  do  but I'll wager it would earn you some serious  kudos on sexyloops.    :D

haresear

Quote from: admin on October 03, 2009, 06:45:10 PM
Have any of you guys tried integrating to get the area under the curve?  I?m not sure  what good it would  do  but I'll wager it would earn you some serious  kudos on sexyloops.    :D

Help, I need an interpreter :?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

Alex,

You may remember you tried out this grip and it seemed to improve your back cast? I remember you said that although you were casting very well it felt very unnatural - that's the grip! In other words cast with the palm facing away from your body rather than at right angles.

Fred,

It's fairly straightforward: the ideal curves for most purposes are y=root(x-1.5) and y=root(x+1.5) - remember to integrate vertically rather than horizontally, if you think of x=f(y) then the problem disappears. Hope this helps  :)

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: Malcolm on October 03, 2009, 08:25:14 PM
- remember to integrate vertically rather than horizontally

Yes, that should always kept in mind;  unless you are performing a  double inverse horizontal snake roll of course.   :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on October 03, 2009, 09:17:40 PM
you lot need to get out more :lol:

I think it may be something to do with the use of grass during  casting practice.  :D

Wildfisher

Practice is a great thing. I can now do this without thinking about it. Maybe if I think about it I'll get more accurate, but equally it might all go tits up. I'm not saying I'm suddenly Mel Krieger, but I am getting there. I put it down to using lots of grass.   :D

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on October 06, 2009, 09:58:37 PM
understanding it lets you do anything, practice just confirms it.

"Once you know the why, the how is just a matter of practice." - Jason Borger's dad if i remember right  :8)

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on October 10, 2009, 05:19:38 PM

quite so, on the subject of aerial mends the upcoming casting competition looks to be a bit of an event, it strikes me that the tasks are about line control at various distances and dont know why this is not done more often, the tasks are more suited to river fishers with presentation(to the laminated troot) the aim, proper fishing skills.

Aerial mends are soooo hard with the left hand. Out on the Kelvin on monday, i was finding it very difficult getting my line where i wanted it across the current. Going by the way my hand is healing i'll be able to hold a rod very soon! It doesn't need to be able to move to hold the rod  :lol: Just not be sore!

haresear

Quotefly-casting on grass is mental

Never heard of grass carp? :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page