News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New line

Started by alancrob, May 13, 2013, 06:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alancrob

I am about to fit a new line to my reel. I have done this many times before but I was wondering. Normally I will just spool it to my reel. This line has been sitting in a drawer for at least 3 years, it was a bargain I did not really need at the time.  :roll:

Would it be a wise move to take it out and make sure it has not coiled before loading it? Would others do that anyway?

A.

haresear

Should be ok to put straight on Alan. You can always stretch it prior to fishing if needs be.

Would you like to get me half pished and then hand it to me to do for you in a caravan full of anglers in various stages of pishedness?  :lol:

Alex
Protect the edge.

alancrob

I wish you would stop talking so much pish!

As far as I can remember that line has not yet parted with the backing. Possibly because it has never caught a fish bigger than 1Lb.  :lol:

A.

haresear

Quote from: alancrob on May 14, 2013, 06:11:32 PM
I wish you would stop talking so much pish!

As far as I can remember that line has not yet parted with the backing. Possibly because it has never caught a fish bigger than 1Lb.  :lol:

A.

Fair point :lol: Just as well the backing has stayed on the reel as I might not have tied that knot as carefully as I should :8)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page