News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Amadou Patch

Started by Rabmax, June 20, 2013, 11:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabmax

Hello all .I bought an Amadou Patch a few months ago to try out.When new it looked a nice fluffy wide patch of Amadou.It now looks like two pieces of dried up cardboard crap .Don't really know much about Amadou.Can you revive it somehow to make it look nice & fluffy again.Cheers All.

Wildfisher

I bought one similar to this ............

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VENAIRD-AMADOU-FLY-PATCH-DRY-FLIES-CDC-NEW-/400457365481?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item5d3d1e77e9

...............  a few years ago. Had all sorts of weather related issues  with it  until I realized that the answer was to hang it on the inside of my fly vest rather than the outside. It is  just as accessible, is kept dry and there are no issues of deterioration at all. I just just fixed it to the zip on the top left inside pocket. Sorted!

garryh

if totally soaked it goes flat.i have never been able to use it again.got to keep it dry which might seem a bit of a contradiction when you think about its use .

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Highlander

Used this item for many a year & never had the problems you encountered. Having said that it is kept in my pocket & only used to actually dry the fly then put back. I have never ever got it that wet, just drying a few flies in a days fishing.  Therein may be the problem, getting it saturated I don't know.Would have thought it would dry out ok & retain it's shape. The Veniard one Fred shows is ideal, not cheap but well worth the money.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Rabmax

Quote from: garryh on June 20, 2013, 06:41:56 PM
if totally soaked it goes flat.i have never been able to use it again.got to keep it dry which might seem a bit of a contradiction when you think about its use .

Garry
Looks like this is what's happened to mine.Was using a couple sheets of paper kitchen towel tonight & getting on well.Plus the trout was going nuts for my CDC & Elk tonight as a bonus. :D.If i ever buy another one i will hang it on the inside of my jacket.Cheers All

Go To Front Page