News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

How to use a gye net

Started by corsican dave, July 20, 2013, 08:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Having just bought one of these, can anyone PLEASE show me how to rig the quick-release sling? A couple of photos would be awesome, as I can't find anything on the net. Cheers folks!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Highlander

Sorry no photos but a description might help.

Unscew rubber knob, ring slides on to that part of handle, put back rubber knob.
Part with "push/velcro fixings" goes round net ring & handle at other end.. Net is worn on back with ring upermost.
to release pull apart botom part & swing whole net round to front. The net will stay near you as ring is still attached to handle but will slide. I quick shake will "push" "drop"net section up/down handle. If stiff, sink net & put your foot on it & pull up handle to extend buty you seldom have to have to do this,

Tight Lines

Fishing Pish, weather too hot so took a couple photos to help

Sorry about the net tangle at bottom but you should get it from this.
PS meant to say the loose net where I have it tangled in my haste can be pulled up & slipped through the uper ring. That way keeps everything tidy.

PS A whumper net? Maybe that is where I am going wrong.
I should take this one with me.
:roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

corsican dave

excellent! thanks very much "gyes"... :roll: sorry, couldn't resist it. it is WAY too hot isn't it?

i'll put the systems to the test tomorrow night when i'm out after whumper pike again (testing out a new pike taper fly line, too) :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page