News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Taking tying materials abroad.

Started by JimJams, February 08, 2017, 04:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytonmcnie

Jim jams
Been in every country in Middle East, and now Kuwait for 11 years, have my full kit and station here, never once had any problem, even with bag searches on numerous occasions.

JimJams

Clayton that's great to know! This trip I'll take a few things and ramp it up the next! Thanks!

shad

Can't you grab a pickup and head to the coast at night?

Good fishing right down the coast, this is a good time of year as well.

JimJams

Quote from: shad on February 09, 2017, 04:53:30 PM
Can't you grab a pickup and head to the coast at night?

Good fishing right down the coast, this is a good time of year as well.

5 hours of desert roads every direction!

[attachimg=1]

shad

Shame you don't get a day off , I fished and camped down the coast in 2008 - mainly around Ras Madrakah ,had 15 species on the fly. Great country for some adventure although I hear the fishing is being over-exploited now- but whats new!

JimJams

Arrived today, just took all that I could, hackles, pheasant tippets etc, never had an issue!
Getting the bag pulled would have been the last thing I wanted after being awake for 26 hours but I made it!

claytonmcnie

A wee tip for you, keep a small box of flies with your gear, unless your arabic is a lot better than mine, its easier to explain what your up to with the materials, if asked, because they are not the brightest of people and have probably never seen much or any of this before.

JimJams

Very good tip that actually! Never even thought of that! Thank you sir!

corsican dave

did you take "muskie on the fly" with you, or was it too big a lump?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

JimJams

With easyJet's extra baggage charge for the initial flight to London I had to leave it! Had a read of some of it when I was home though, very interesting!

Go To Front Page