News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wanted - Fly Fishing Kit for Scouts

Started by Craig Mathieson, June 24, 2012, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Mathieson

This is a message for anyone who has got any old kit they no longer use who would like to donate to a good cause.

As a Scout leader in Bo'ness, one of the activities we want to get our young guys (and girls) to learn is fly fishing. A local fishery has kindly agreed to let us teach the Scouts on the premises to get their casting up to speed ; however, the main aim would be for us to take take them wild fishing as soon as they are capable.
Therefore, if you have any kit - rods, reels & tackle that's just gathering dust please let me know. Ideally, we're hoping to get 6 full rigs.

Many thanks in advance.

Craig

ps. We will of course be willing to collect.

happyhooker

Craig
Hi, i will have a look tonight but i'm sure i have a rod, reel with spare spool and lines and even a fold up net you can have.
As for collecting......i live in South Cheshire!!
i may have a meeting in Dundee on Fri morn so will be passing on way up and down-feel free to pm me for finer details times and mob num etc.

Reg Brian

James

i can have a dig around what materials i have and make some flies up if that would be of any help.

Craig Mathieson

James and Happyhooker

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it. I'll PM you both later.

Craig

Wildfisher

I may have  a few old Shakespeare click action reels and  few lines I can donate depending on the weights you want.

dazdidge

All my equipment is in use but I can certainly tie up some flees. There is an outside chance I have a couple of old reels upstairs that are surplus to requirements, pretty basic/cheap jobs but they mat get you going.

daz

Wildfisher

OK, I  just had a look. I can let you have 6 old reels. 

If you let me know what line weights you need I'll see what I can spare, I have loads  of part used lines / prototypes etc.

Craig Mathieson

Daz/Admin

I'm totally bowled over at the positive response from the forum, it's fantastic. I'll PM you both with details.

Craig

James

Has anyone been in touch with Craig..
i have sent him a pm saying the flies i promised are finished and ready.
but he has not been in touch or back on the forum.

I did tell him that their would be a delay in the flies due to operation on my finger and making it difficult for tying. and he understood.
but i have not seen or heard of him since my last pm last month.

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page