News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Porta-bote: full set-up for sale

Started by Tweed, February 04, 2013, 09:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweed

Much as it pains me, I'm planning on selling my porta-bote, motor, and all the associated bits and pieces ( :cry: ) and would like to offer it to forum members before I open it to the masses on ebay.  I'm not looking to make maximum money out of doing this, and genuinely like the idea of it going to a good home - if of course anyone wants it.  I spent over £2,500 on it 3 years ago (worth c. £2,900plus) and it's been out 4 times – all on fresh water.  The motor is a Mercury 2.5hp, 4-stroke, short-shaft and still has a year to go on the warranty.  The bote is the 12 foot version and has 7 years left on the manufacturers hull guarantee.  I'll also throw in the inflatable roof rack, oars, rowlocks and other odds and sods that you usually have to buy separately. 

Anyone who's read the odd bit of drivel from me over the last 3 years will know how much I love this set-up – for lochs within shouting distance of a road it really is superb.  It can comfortably fish 3, with one on the oars, and handles a decent chop without a problem.  If I was able to get more use out of it there's not a cat in hell's I'd be selling it.  Other commitments seem to get in the way a bit, and I could do with freeing up the garage space.  For anyone unfamiliar with the set-up, it folds to 4 inches flat and goes on the roof of the car and away you go.  Set up time is about 10 minutes, max.  To be honest, it's best with 2 for lugging it and the seats to the loch, but if you've eaten your porridge and don't have far to go you could just about manage on your own.

I'll be straight down the line and ask for £1,400 of which I'd donate 10% to forum funds.  I'm not interested in creating a bidding war on here, but I am confident it'd fetch a lot more on ebay and genuinely think there's a chance for someone to pick up a bargain here.

Let me know if you're interested – more than happy if anyone wants to pop over for a look-see, but first one in with the readies gets it.  If no one fancies it, no worries, I'll stick it on ebay in a couple of weeks.

Andy T

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

Allan Crawford

Sounds like a good price, very handy wee outboard if hiring a small boat for a days fly fishing, for the days you leave the porta boat at home. I already have a boat that takes up room in the garage!

Tweed

Please excuse the nudge gents - only 3 days to go, and would hate for anyone to miss out  :8) :)

If it goes to a fellow forumite there will still be a generous donation made to forum funds.

Andy T

Go To Front Page