News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on November 15, 2016, 01:48:47 AM
It's been a tough year for fishing for me with lots of plans being thwarted right left and centre due to ill parents and ill In laws. However, I can see a wee window possibly opening up this week and I've tied this little chap specifically to take a wiggle tail in the hope of tempting a decent 'alien' as Dave would say! Roll on Friday !
that looks a cracking pattern, Jim! let's hope you get a chance to chuck it out  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

crestie

Hi Andy,
those pearl dabbler doubles look amazing, I am sure that the trout will love them too.

George

Lochan_load

Dunkeld double from underneath, the marabou tail is tied in as an underwing to give it more pulse....or so the story goes!
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

10 wee doubles ready to post
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And cos I've tied nothing but trad wets lately thought I'd make use of a couple of new materials, boat bristles I've dyed sunburst and some blue holographic, and do a salmon fly. Shrimp fly on a sz 10....[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And from above you can see the bristles
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

This what happens when you've been tying Bantons Whistler Pike patterns all day and you let your discipline slip, take a bit more caffeine than you're used to and catch sight  of a stray Wullie Gunn in your hook box ! :-)

corsican dave

now THAT sir, is a pattern!!!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

that looks great Andy!  :D  it's got a real sparkle to it. bet it catches!  :8)

rannoch raider

Yeah, I like that too. You can just tell that's going to catch. That's nice material that silli legs stuff.

Go To Front Page