News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardL

Nice looking fly tho Harpo.  I am sure it will work for the grayling!  Can you now tie me up 16 DHE's?  Ta

Harpo

Quote from: RichardL on November 22, 2009, 09:03:36 PM
Can you now tie me up 16 DHE's?  Ta

Aye for your retirement pressie  :shock:

scotty9

Made my very first two flies without any assistance today  :D First one is very messy (learning curve) but i think the second is just about fishable. I decided I was only going to practice with flies that I would fish with so once i get them right i have a good flybox! Started with the ADHE (Almost deer hair emerger  :lol:) Dubbing colours are a bit off but i just bought a couple packets in GAC to let me start tying, going to buy more specifics off the net.

The second fly took a whopping 30mins to tie  :shock: :lol: Hopefully tying time will go down with practice...

The shocker:

The improver:

Any hints/tips gratefully received!  :)

haresear

those look pretty good Scott. On the DHE, I like a really slim abdomen to get through the surface film, but yours are not bad. Not your abdomen I mean :shock: - the fly's.

As Ardbeg says, I'd go for a spikey thorax surrounding the wing, as that is the key to getting the DHE to float right.

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Cheers guys, will have a play with it tomorrow again. Anyone tried just a thread body? Super skinny! Will try and tie up a load of different ones and see what i like best! Just wish i could try them...  :(

paulr

Nice flee Steve,
I love flexifloss for emerger bodies, easy to use and looks like a nice segmented insecty body.Cuts through the surface no bother either so usually always lands the right way up.My fly for the river swap is a flexifloss klinky thing.
cheers
Paul

garryh

hi haven't posted on this thread for a while but here's my efforts so far this close season.can anybody guess what type of fishing I'm looking forward to next year :)

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

River Chatter

They're like an arm of well kitted out sodgers waitin' to go into battle. Very tidy!

garryh

size 12 wire nymphs and spiders ,they are not really that heavy.got addicted to upstream nymphing last season(Cols fault) :lol:

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Harpo

Nice flies Garry, you did well on the up stream Nymphing last year, a technique i've given too little of my  time to learning.

Go To Front Page