News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

Col, when you say you're tying those for Roach, do you know what's Roach specific about the patterns or are they just copies of tried and tested Roach Patterns ?

Just wondering because I would've thought that imitations of pellets / particles would have been more effective rather than representations of naturals which leads me to ask the question - what do roach feed on in the absence of particles and pellets i.e. what's their natural food source ?

Black-Don

I do a black dancer which is similar to the bugger but has a pearlescent black palmered body and uses a red bead ( on second thoughts it's probably actually nothing like it  :) )which trout seem to like. The stimulator's are really unusual, where did the inspiration for those come from.

Robbie

I have been meaning to tie up some spiders for the last few weeks but work kept getting in the way.  Finally got the the vice this evening, quite like the look of the partridge spider hooks.

scotty9

Quote from: davefromtheattic on December 09, 2011, 04:21:00 PM
1st attempt at a Baetis Nymph.

Cracker dave, lovely fly! How long did it take to tie that neatly?  :lol:

Col I bet something will grab a hold of one of those sedges or at least give it a smash. I got a smash take that didn't stick towing similarly sized sedge type fly 90' behind a floatube on the ullapool trip - it's a new tactic, stick it oot there and paddle like feck! :lol: Wish it had stuck to see what size the fish was, probably small but I'll never know.

davefromtheattic

Surprisingly, not that long  :lol:

Clan Chief

Tied the FFF Fly today........................... The Forum's Firm Favourite.

Inchlaggan

Very nice, but I don't recognise it, can we have the details CC?
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Clan Ford

Waste of time and effort CC :roll:

Norm

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Just off the vice. The deadly ginger haresear Kink.

This one has a yellow wing post which I find easier to see in fading light, I also tie them with pink posts which are easier to see in foam flecked water.

This is a fishing-grade  tying rather than an exhibition-grade tying. I can knock them up like that in a few minutes. Finishing the dubbed body and post, with the hackle tied in,  at the eye, then turning the hook so the post is horizontal and finishing the hackling  using spider web.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page