News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Quote from: Roobarb on January 04, 2014, 05:57:39 PM
A Pearly Invicta Variant on a stainless hook for the brackish lochs and sea pools.
Just the standard dressing apart from the arctic fox tail.

Andy

This looks brilliant and great tying, looks deadly for sea trout

Clan Chief

Some fantastic examples of tying there! I do like that fly of yours Fred!

Wildfisher

Thanks Allan. the palmered Dunkeld is awful, but I hardly use flies like that. I much prefer the more lightly dressed second example.

Lochan_load

Like the last one, the teal in the tail gives a nice definition to the squirrel, after looking at your post I've seen you live in south uist, been reading a bit about the fishing over there  and dying to have a trip out, your a lucky b@£(;er!

Lochan_load

Clan Chief

Encouraged by some of the recent flies on display here I tied a couple of these tonight.

Lochan_load

My kind of fly, like the extended butt

bushy palmer

Quote from: Clan Chief on January 12, 2014, 11:52:14 PM
Encouraged by some of the recent flies on display here I tied a couple of these tonight.

This makes me think of a warm June day with a nice wind. One of these on the bob dragging along the wave before casting and trout splashing at it from all directions- magic! :D

Clan Chief

I hope yer right about that!  LOL

Wildfisher

I don't tie or use traditional flies much these days, but on the very rare occasion I fish wet flies on lochs this is pattern I like to use. In fact this was the fly that caught the very first good fish on a forum outing to a certain  area in the northmen highlands a few years ago. it's a pattern by Aberdeen angler Scott Park he calls the "Jungle Claret".  Dead easy to tie - golden pheasant crest tail, bright claret SLF body, black palmered back cock hackle, silver tinsel rib,  black hen throat hackle, jungle cock cheeks. It is very effective.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page