News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

A beast of a muddler (size 8) for pulling through a wave

Black and Tan

Lochan_load

That was suppose to say size 8 but computer turned it into a wee man with glasses!

lochgarryfisher

That muddler is stunning Andy, what type of deer hair and hook is that?
Just about to start tying some sedge hoggy things, was thinking of adding your boar knotted legs to them.
Then maybe some pike flies cos the weather forecast is great for tomorrow so thought i would launch my boat and try out my new pike fly outfit, first outing of the year  :D

Lochan_load

Glad you like it mate cos I tied it for you! Know you like a big fly ;)
The hook is a carp hook but it's about the same as a standard 8 nymph hook, just a bit heavier gauge, good luck tomorrow, my first outing is march 2nd for some pike, can't wait!!

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 06, 2014, 01:36:02 PM
Glad you like it mate cos I tied it for you! Know you like a big fly ;)

:D :D :D

rannoch raider

That is without doubt one of the nicest muddlers I've ever seen. An absolute belter. If I could knock them out like that I'd have that on the bob in various sizes for most of the year I reckon.

Wildfisher

Thinking forward now to early May on the river. This is the American "Greenwell's Glory"  and is a fly that works well everywhere. A design classic.  :D

[attachimg=1]
Parachute Adams size 14

Lochan_load

Nice Fred, I need to spend a bit of time on dries, never really got that type of hackle right, this is one based on your foam caddis from the other day, no foam so doubled over a coastal deerhair wing

Lochan_load

Lochan_load

Go To Front Page