News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

nymphs, nymphs, nymphs, nymphs, nymphs, nymphs, nymphs, nymphs and more nymphs

heavy nymphs, not so heavy nymphs,  shrimpy nymphs,  lead nymphs, tungsten nymphs .................. is there anything more boring  than tying nymphs? I must be close to the 20KG flight baggage allowance because of these f*****g nymphs.

Pete

Fred

I am damn sure it will be worth it :)

Pete

haresear

Nothing tied today. I've been busy threading tungsten beads onto hooks. Got 250 :shock: through the post this morning. Is there an easy way I don't know about?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

here's a few of them

[attachimg=1]

Crawhin

Vary nice Fred. I note the bead-heads are all dark beads - gold and silver to do tomorrow?  :shock: How many years are you planning to be away?   :D

Cheers,

Ian

haresear

Quote from: ianc on January 08, 2009, 12:53:49 AM
Vary nice Fred. I note the bead-heads are all dark beads - gold and silver to do tomorrow?  :shock: How many years are you planning to be away?   :D

Cheers,

Ian

Seeing as Fred is offline I'll answer for him, Ian.

Let's say we each lose 2 nymphs a day in fish/snags/vegetation, then that is 88 nymphs lost :shock: You can see how it mounts up and we don't want to be tying flies at night if we can avoid it. No doubt the ones we lose will be the ones that are working :roll:
We obviously need a range of sizes and weights as well as colours, but thankfully the vast majority of NZ "mayfly" nymphs are brownish and mostly the rivers run clear except in a spate, so we really won't (I hope) need too many goldheads. We are tying some nymphs with a bit of flash and some pretty sombre ones. We will also have a black permanent marker with us to dull down the krystal flash if needs be.

Alex
Protect the edge.

haresear

QuoteGetting somewhere near decent looking.

I'd eat that one.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

I tied up these copper spiders tonight

On the close up flee I deliberately used open turns to create a deep segmented body. Will that make any difference?

Ian_M

I think the open turns look great.  Be interesting to see if the troot agree.
And a very neatly tied fly.
Ian

River Chatter

These wiry spiders look just great! I hope to get some time at the bench (dining room table) in the next few days to have a go at them.

Go To Front Page