News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Ford

Some big flies there Paul, you know what they say though - the bigger the fly the bigger the fish.  I'm looking forward to the pictures of the firts 5lber on a wooly bugger :D

Norm

Malcolm

Nicely tied buggers Paul and Don. Great flies.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

paulr

Thanks guys. I'd shit myself if I hooked a 5lber Norm. Unfortunatley big fly doesn't always mean big fish-I' ve had one trout so far this season,a skinny 9incher which took a big gold humungus.
cheers
Paul

Pete

Quote from: col on March 30, 2009, 10:41:01 PM
Snap!
:biglaugh; :biglaugh; :biglaugh;
is that a case of great minds?

Both nice flies guys.

Pete

muddler54

little halfhog, trying to copy steven
   but i got new camera so im messing about with it.......mick

The General

Well done Mick, well tied.   Did you notice Col and Brians peach muddlers.  Sorry Col, although your fly is probably closest to the original, I do find Brian's fly a wee bit more fishy.   My Ace of Spades as posted, caught one fish on my first tubing outing on Latch with wee Mick, so I have rested it for my foray to Shin this Wednesday.  Am also tying some of Wee John Sinclairs Loch Maddys as I am sure they will be a success up that way.   Will let you know how I fare.

Davie

The General

Sorry Col that is not to say though that yours won't catch more fish.   I look forward to the report, not that I am suggesting there will be any competition between youz two

:D
Davie

Tim

Peach muddlers equally good I'd say...what's the yarn you boys are using? And is there a peachy seal fur out there anywhere?

Tim

muddler54

thanks davie, are we gonna have a peachy muddler compo,  i think there both fish catchers and i love brians buzzers. good luck in shin wednesday davie its a big cold loch,i would try where the tirry comes in or maybe the tirry its self.  im sure the maddys are worth a try but the ace of spades a cert.
   it all depends on the weather on the day...... tight lines  mick

muddler54

bye the way tim you just missed garrys peachy seals fur, bonny colour too
  dark claret,medium olive,and golden olive a snip at a fiver donation to the
   forum...... youll need to be quicker.... cheers mick

Go To Front Page