News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Harrison Lorhic Blanks.

Started by roberth, January 19, 2009, 10:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberth

Has anyone built on the Harrison Lorhic range of blanks? I'm looking at building a new 9' #5 fly rod and I'm considering one of these blanks.

Robert

stickleback

One of my mates got a 13' salmon rod built on them and he likes it a lot.  Unfortunately I don't know anyone who's got a smaller rod built on them.

Cheers

Malcolm

Our club have a casting day every year. This year amongst the rods on trial was a rod made on a Lohric blank, I can't remember but I think it was an Alba rod. It was by the favourite rod there many thought it better than other top rods from sage, orvis and Loomis. I personally liked it very much. It wasn't as stiff as some and is more of a fishing rod.   
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

roberth

Cheers,

I think I'll get the Lorhic blank, the 4 piece 9' #5 model costs £112 and you can choose your colour from grey, green, blue, burgundy or brown. Need to choose a colour now!

Robert

Robbie

I believe Magnus has done a review in Flyfishing and flytying.

Robbie

alancrob

Roberth

How much extra would you expect to have to spend to make a blank of that standard into a rod?

Alan

Malcolm

No I'm not RobertH - but I'm putting together a split cane 7 ft rod at the moment, I'm ordering the pieces from "Guides and Blanks".

I'm reckoning on ?60 materials - Reel seat, Handle, Rings, thread, varnish and epoxy.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

roberth

I could buy the components to make a good rod from this blank for around ?45. Maybe even ?30 if using a Fuji reel seat and lesser grade cork handle. Have a look at this website for rod building components, they have a decent range, are well priced and are very helpful. This is where I've ordered my LORHIC blank from.

http://www.meadowfishery.com/

Robert

Go To Front Page