News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Micro terrarium
Last post by Jon - Today at 01:29:06 PM
Add drainage.

Add some badly cut mesh.

Add some ridiculously overpriced substrate with additional carbon to keep everything sweet smelling.

Kick yourself when you realise that the 200 + pieces of aquarium wood you thought you had got shipped to Amazon on Tuesday!
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Micro terrarium
Last post by Jon - Today at 01:05:56 PM
Looks like it's been supplied with two types of mesh for use depending on what you're keeping in it.

I really wish I'd not had cut my nails so dam short yesterday. Peeling off the backing was a pain.

Simple clip together then.

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Micro terrarium
Last post by Jon - Today at 12:00:41 PM
Not fish related at all. But this was bought from an LFS.

I'll post more pictures later as I finish it for the lad. No instructions mean I feel like I'm prepping for the Krypton Factor!

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: No water Changes
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 09:41:53 PM
The saga continues. Checking the corner again and I saw a pin fry wriggling in the gravel. Too small to even guess what it is :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Amazing find!
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 09:39:54 PM
I remember from years ago when trying to catch them they would dive into the gravel and disappear :)
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 09:07:46 PM
I've heard of people dismantling their tanks to find Khulis they thought had disappeared years ago. They really must be the best hiders. I really like them but for this reason I have never bought any.
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 08:30:37 PM
Amazing that I haven't seen it over the last five years. I spend time in the shed at various times, even when the lights are off as I have a night light that comes on when the lights go out, and never saw it once :)
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 07:52:58 PM
Sneaky!   ;D
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Jon - Yesterday at 05:32:15 PM
I'm a big fan of biotope aquaria. Not sure I'm a massive fan of this tank though. It needs more hardscape. However you might find it interesting.

https://cefishessentials.com/blog/biotope-aquarium-101-an-authentic-rio-meta-biotope-for-ram-cichlids-more/
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 04:26:32 PM
I'm pleased with how the roots cleaned up.

e408f30d-5172-4b86-bf83-12e174e049f2.jpg
Go To Front Page