News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Best tablet for windows

Started by bibio1, August 27, 2016, 05:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I'm always jumping about and feel the need to be more nimble. I use word, power point  and excell all the time so a tablet with an attachable keyboard. I've looked at the surface pro 4 but wondering if the luminaries on this subject could give me some advice.

Cheers

Paul

Barnyard

There are alternatives out there. It totally depends on your needs. Screen size, storage capacity, connectivity et al. The "Surface" range of Microsoft products are not cheap and there are certinly cheaper options out there. I bought an acer 10" dockable tablet pc and it was absolute rubbish, the wifi packed in, took it back to be told by the sales assistant that wifi "takes time to work" absolute BS and verbally slapped him round the head! The replacement I gave to my eldest to aid in schoolwork. I have had this peice of crud in pieces so many times ... Grrr.

My advice, go for the Surface pro. Quality product, with decent backup support. Just do yourself a favour and ditch the free antivirus that comes installed and buy a copy of Bullguard Internet security on Ebay.

Just ask if you need any further help.

IanR

I'm sorry, but I think that Bullguard is absolute rubbish. Plus you'll get spammed forever.

I've just bought a couple of Lenovo Yogas for work, and so far they work fine.

Wildfisher

Malware Bytes. There is a free version  or around £20 for a life license  for the Pro version. Works great and does not get in the way.

IanR

Quote from: admin on November 06, 2016, 09:00:02 AM
Malware Bytes. There is a free version  or around £20 for a life license  for the Pro version. Works great and does not get in the way.

It's not a lifetime licence any more Fred, it's a one year, 3 PC licence.

IanR

Quote from: Roobarb on November 06, 2016, 08:41:05 AM
Being a Luddite I've nothing sensible to add to the OP.

But why do we put up with being ripped off for antivirus (even if just the hassle of a free version)? Why can't the makers of these things install something that works from new? Imagine buying a car and being told it's got no locks and the doors are made of cardboard - "Sorry sir if you want to keep people out you'll have to go and buy proper doors and locks somewhere else!"

Andy

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/15413/AVG-AntiVirus-2016-1-Year-1-User-Download-Code/

Go To Front Page