News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scammers

Started by hopper, March 26, 2019, 12:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptinid

I answered a 'you recently had an accident' call by enthusiastically agreeing - I think they twigged I was taking the Michael and after being flummoxed for a few seconds hung up on me - loved it!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Robbie

I received a call last weekend, apparently on behalf of BT advising me that someone was using my Wi-Fi without permission. Unfortunately for them I was bored and waiting for my wife to get ready, so I played along.
First off I asked if they could confirm who was accessing the WiFi. The response was that it could be anyone, neighbours, someone parked up outside or just passing by. So I asked if they were doing it at that time, which to my horror they were. I asked if they were sure because I live on a farm and could not see anyone. I then took a few minutes explaining that it could not be my neighbour Doug as he is an older gentleman who does not have a computer or mobile phone (a white lie).

I then managed to get them to hold for a further 10 minutes while I checked outside to see if there was anyone on our property. When I confirmed that there was no one within 200 meters of our house and asked if they were sure somebody was accessing my Wi-Fi, they asked me to logon to my laptop.

My response: I don't have a laptop.....The bugger hung up on me.

hopper

How rude of them Robbie.

Go To Front Page