News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Looking for advice

Started by Clansman, April 03, 2008, 07:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clansman

breac uaig thanks for the pic they look as if they will do the business. What price were they?

Clansman

Sorry Missed the price in your earlier post

rabbitangler

Quote from: breac uaig on April 04, 2008, 10:44:48 AM
I cut wire with the scissors i have, but I cut the wire well down in to the hinge and keep the tips for fine work ,works for me, :)   breac uag

Better to fret it back & forth then it fractures off - no need for scissors

Andrew Moray

Quote from: breac uaig on April 04, 2008, 08:09:00 PM
took a photo of those tesco scissors  so you could see what they are like, breac uaig
Look the exact same as the Aitken & Niven badged ones in my local tackle shop for ?2.50 and the same that Steve Parton sells for more yet.
Absolute bargain, cheers for that.
Just need to find a Tesco, there's not that many of them about .....

Tony

just_steven

They just did a big review on fly tying kits in one of the mags.

Might be worth a pop into WH Smiths or the like to have a flick through.
My brother got a really nice set of tools from ebay. It came from Germany. There were enough tools in it to change the oil in your car, and they were all pretty good quality. I think it all came home for under ?20

Just found it!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Supreme-fly-tying-tools-advanced-in-a-nice-wallet_W0QQitemZ290222303735QQihZ019QQcategoryZ23816QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My only advice would be to get a decent ceramic bobbin holder (I prefer the ones with the ceramic beads, rather than the ceramic tube) and one set of decent scissors and keep them decent. Don't be tempted to trim your toe nails with them just because they're handy!

Happy tying!

Steve

Go To Front Page