News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Possum Dubbing

Started by Wildfisher, March 29, 2009, 09:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Many tiers really rate this stuff. I can?t find it anywhere. Anyone know a  supplier?

shanksi

Fred,
GAC do Awesome Possum dubbing and Phil at http://www.flytyingboutique.com/Store/StoreIntro.asp does Australian possum and the underfur can be used for dubbing.

Ian

johnsd

Wonder if they do a New Zealand  one :roll:
yer going where

Wildfisher

Actually some guys (probably of Scottish descent)  introduced possum to New Zealand for fur farming and yes,  they got out and overrun the place.  :roll:  There is a big and very controversial eradication programme underway right now. Alex knows more about it.

Clan Chief

I've been using possum for my flies recently. I find it very easy to dub. It also gives a really nice jagged effect. I purchased mine from the GAC. I have it in various colours

Clan Ford

I've never used the stuff but deep in my material collection I have an Opossum tail - Gordon Griffiths its probably 15 - 20 years old and never touched.  Think its time I broke it out :D

Norm

Crawhin

Breac - this 'Everidges' tackle shop place; I hear they do a good line in marsupials but the proprietor is a bit suspect.  Would that be the place ?  :)

Ian

Go To Front Page