News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Ahem.... anyone for a "Foam No. 5"?

Started by Amadan, February 09, 2010, 03:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadan

No, its not a service of a dubious nature but a fly....

It's just a bit of foam with a collar hackle.

There is a picture and some information here on Rackelhanen on the tyers theory (basically just about the surface imprint more than anything else: http://www.rackelhanen.se/eng/10134.htm

I've a trip to the Usk and tributaries hopefully in April around the time the March Browns etc are supposed to be good. I thought I could try some manner of variation on this pattern.

Any thoughts much appreciated (I know there are much prettier detached body ones etc but seems to me that if this one works then.... well I will deal with the piss taking I get from people with better looking flies if it catched.... as you do.

Thanks.

Martin.

scotfly

Amadan

Not a problem... was just about to check I hadn't said anything rude about the fly when I read the first post... imagine slagging off the thing as a forum newbie (well new to posting much anyway) without realising it designed by another poster.....  :crap

Would have been time to get my coat.

Martin.

deergravy

Like the look of that ..
Simple, cunningly designed flies always appeal to me.
Thanks!

alancrob

QuoteDifferent Niclas Bri

Imagine that. 2 people with the same name! Next thing you know there will be 2 Brians.  :lol:  Am I getting that de ja vu feeling again?   :?
A.

Go To Front Page