News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lathkill Hooks

Started by Amadan, April 26, 2010, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amadan

Anyone prepared to endorse these?

The LPH104BL here http://www.lathkill.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=450 looks quite like the Partridge Flashpoint SLD- I like that hook a lot- barbless, nice inward curve to point and in ohhhhh sooooo sexy black nickel finish.

However, the Lathkill variant is much cheaper  :)

So if anyone uses them I'd love to know they don't break etc.

Thanks as ever. Martin

jimmul

Lathkill isn't far from me at Halifax, have used them a bit in the past. They sell scorpion hooks in bags of 50 and bigger which have been of good quality, John Gilpin used to run the place, give him a call as he was always very straight, sorry I cannot be of more help on the specific hooks but I can recommend the shop.
Jim

scotty9

I bought a load on buzz's recommendation, with that endorsement they are fine  :8)

I sold some to Andrew Moray on here, he has hopefully tied them up and given them a swim by now and give you some feedback. I haven't been out this year yet....

Amadan

QuoteI haven't been out this year yet....

That is awful! I have just spent a week in Wales- the grannom hatch on the Wye was ubelievable- I have never seen anything like it- like an Alfred Hitchcock film of the invasion of the day time moths. Anyway.... sorry to carp on about it ... just had a brilliant time is all. Hope you get out soon.

I will be getting some of the lathkill hooks then... they look enough like SLD Partridge ones to keep me happy.... last week was first time I had caught on a dry fly which I had tied- horrible looking CDC and Elk fly that fished better after it had been chewed by the first few. Although it always difficult to work out whether what was really happening was my confidence improved.

Thanks for the advice to both of you.

Martin

Andrew Moray

Hello Martin,

We met in a bunkhouse in Wales I believe ?, you replenished my glass with alcohol after I'd run out of Chateau Neuf de Pape
If memory serves, we had a frank exchange of views after looking at my flybox  :D

Quote from: scotty9 on April 26, 2010, 10:12:57 PMI sold some to Andrew Moray on here, he has hopefully tied them up and given them a swim by now and give you some feedback.
Thank you for that Scott, really much appreciated  :D

Unfortunately Martin, I haven't tied on them yet, I just like to collect shiny things.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, and I'll help if I can.

Tony

Amadan

Hi Andrew. That would be the bunkhouse with the very wet welsh weather then  :D

Andrew Moray

Aye. good host is Bill, did his best to make the Scot feel at home   :D

Hope you're having a good weekend,
Tony

Amadan

Not to be bad at all actually- although no fishing :( I'll have a day on the Don in Sheffield next week maybe :).

Go To Front Page