News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chadwicks 477

Started by Yardbent, December 30, 2013, 09:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yardbent

before i buy some 477 sub - or not, and just use my GRHE as always... :roll:

thought i'd browse the local village wool shop for a similar shade

has anyone got any..? and could send me a couple of inches

been on the Shetland wool site ...difficult to see the exact shades on my monitor.

and Flytying Boutique seems too pink

Wildfisher

To my mind this stuff is just another of fly fishing's myths. I'll bet if Frank Sawyer did not have got this stuff handy he'd have just used something else.  The killer bug tied with 477 does work though, no doubt about it, but I'd put money on it not working any better than a fly tied with a similar wool / dubbing.  Its importance  is psychological - if you fish with confidence you'll fish better.  477 changes colour when wet, so bear that in mind when colour matching. Lathkill do a substitute at under 2 quid for 6 yards  and I'd be happy to use that.

Yardbent

Quote from: admin on December 30, 2013, 09:55:35 AM
To my mind this stuff is just another of fly fishing's myths. ................ Lathkill do a substitute at under 2 quid for 6 yards  and I'd be happy to use that.

yes i agree - just have an olde worlde shop in the village - thought i'd have a browse.!

BTW................L******* need specsavers IMO

Wildfisher

Neither of those look  like the original, but it might be the photo which is mad considering they are trying to sell this stuff..  :D

If you find a card of the original stick it on ebay. There are some mad folk out there who will happily pay £100s .

bibio1

If your ever in hobbycraft look at the hanks of wool. They have every shade you could possibly imagine.

The best source of dubbing I have ever found.

Yardbent

^^^^^^thanks

the US forums seem to like this

http://www.jamiesonsofshetland.co.uk/290-oyster-98-p.asp

off for a wee browse on the way to work

DON'T DRINK ON NYs EVE ----CALL A TAXI.....................

sculpin_crusader

If Fred doesn't mind me posting I've done a couple of blog posts on the very subject of Chadwicks 477 and possible subs.

Wildfisher

I have no objections at all  Ben. It's all about sharing info. after all.

Wildfisher

These articles are excellent.

Nice trout by the way! Good to see you are careful with the location you caught it. You'll get on well here.  :lol:

Go To Front Page