News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bloodworm

Started by zeolite, February 19, 2006, 12:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

Quote from: fishtalesThere is no such thing as a broonie/rainbow only fly. Anything you put on the end of your line and cast into the water, that is moving in the right way, will catch anything feeding there. I used to teach some of the guys how to fly fish with a piece of red wool on the end of the line. They were amazed at the number of fish that came and took it, I even landed a couple that wouldn't let go :)

haha

Fishing the czech nymphs with bite indicator (yellow loon yarn) and a rainbow takes the yarn and ignores the nymphs

say no more  :lol:

nant_fisher

i had a similar thing when i was dapping. there was a bit of wool dangling off of the bit where it was attached to the leader. i was fishing a big bushy fly on the river awe when all of a sudden a big mouth appears out of the water and trys to take the wool :evil: . i wasnt a happy chapp. Has anyone else tried dapping on a river? i just tried it as an experiment one night and didnt get very good results.
Adventure time

Wildfisher

I am sure I read one report where broonies were going for   orange and  green braided loops! Nothing more strange than fish! (apart from women)  :lol:

Fishtales

Feeding fish react to movement first. At dusk the light from the sun is at an acute angle and it is also nearer the red end of the spectrum, so the orange of your braided loop shows up well and attracts the trout, which thinks it is a fly trying to take off from the surface. Bang!! It goes for something it thinks is alive and is therefore food. This is how all surface pulled flies work, even my suspender nymph pattern works when pulled through the surface :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page