News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Peter Ross

Started by Ardbeg, August 31, 2004, 11:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardbeg

I know everybody has their favourite flies, but this has to be right up there with the "least likely to catch a fish with" award for me.
Both my dad and brother will happily show me how it's done but it's obviously not hereditary.
Picture the scene, father playing trout, son asks "what's it on dad?" "Peter Ross son"  "*@!%&" says son.
Has anybody else experienced this with a Peter Ross?
Has anybody experienced it with any other classic fly, such as a Kate McLaren?

Ardbeg

Wildfisher

Also one of my least successful flies. But then I seldom use it  so it may be a self-fulfilling prophesy as far as I am concerned. I think the only place I have ever caught anything on a PR was on Loch Meadie (by the Thurso near Loch More) in Caithness. A bandy loch  supreme, so anything would likely catch there. Some do swear by it though and it is especially popular in Ireland I?m told.

lnelson20

Yae, poor peter ross :cry: only ever had one good day with this fly when i was struggling on a hill loch,decided to give it a go and the troots went mad for it :D .Always believed that a fly that does not inspire confidence is better left at home,where as a fly that you love inevitably catches you troots.In the end it's just a confidence thing,my thoughts anyway.
Keep tying lads.
Look north.
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Quote from: ArdbegSwithun, check it out.
http://www.wild-fishing-scotland.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=346

Although 50-50 I think more people seem to have expressed success with it :?:  :?:  :?:

I'm surprised Allan hasnae put one in for the fly swap yet :wink:

Ardbeg

50 /  50 bloody hell!

But I forgot to say at the outset, as board admin I have the casting vote.

(Who said this was  a democracy? :lol:)

The flee is therefor officially  shite!   :lol:

claret bumble

Must admit, for seatrout, the PR is by far my most successful fly - in fact it's the first fly I tie on. Thought everyone got on well with it - really surprised to read others struggle with it. Still to catch anything on the Alexandria though so there you go!

Go To Front Page