News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

I too am enjoying this thread very much. The reason I started it was to see what everyone was tying. It also provides inspiration for others. I know that its given me some new flies amd ideas to try, so keep it up lads. Get yer flies oot for the lads :D

Clan Chief

Tied four of these up tonight.....................

Crawhin

Yes, very neat palmering indeed there Clan Chief - good one.

Cheers,

Ian

The General

Nobody tied one of these new flies A'm hearing about.
[attachimg=1]

Still struggling to get in the fly tying mood

Kate
[attachimg=2]

Xmas pearly
[attachimg=3]

Green pearly
[attachimg=4]

Davie

The General

They look nice Col what hooks are they?

Davie

Clan Chief

Agree with the above, very nice.

Heres what Ive been up to tonight . Made a wee set of these...................

Clansman

Just want to say what a great idea this post was. i have been looking with envy at all the flies shown purely because I can't tie to save myself although i am still trying.

I do like the doobry that you tied Clanchief. Now if only i could tie as good as this.

east wind

Col,

those DP's with FB's and SSW's look like they should cut through the surface and hang just right in a very tempting fashion.  8)

Should add a couple to the winter tying list.

EW
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Clan Chief

Two of my latest patterns............

.D.

Quote from: haresear on November 14, 2008, 12:22:27 AM
I've not used one yet Bri, but it was intended as a visible searching fly. I wanted something easy to tie for the fly swap and the Madams was born out of light grey Mcflylon for the wing. Come to think of it the McAdams is a much better name :D

Alex

I like the Madams too. It's very much like the Adams Trude but with a grey poly wing and clipped hackle ( :act1; Scarper........, its the fly police!). I tried something similar to good effect last year - but retaining the white wing and full hackle. I used reddish squirrel hair or Coq de Leon fibres for the tail (depending on size) and mink underfur for the body. It worked pretty well in limited use.

Cheers,

.D.

Go To Front Page