News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clansman

Clansman

Here's a couple of flies I tied today

scotfly

I had a patch of partridge skin complete with small hackles on the bench just itching to be used!
All tied on Kamasan B160 #14's

scotfly

Some more spiders. This time using Fieldfare, a recent purchase from Mr Cookshill.

scotfly

Another recent purchase was a Curlew skin. Yes, that's right, even more spiders.  :8)

Black-Don

Hope I'm not being nosey Scotfly but were these flies tied from existing patterns or ones you created yourself. It was just the fact that you had used Curlew and Fieldfare and I was wondering if these are used in more flies as I've never seen them in any patterns before.

Nice flees BTW. What's the idea of the straight eye ?

scotfly

Not being nosey at all Don, what little knowledge I have is for sharing.
None of them are existing patterns, that I know of! I was just playing with the different feathers using a combination of materials that I know will work, covering sedge, BWO's and needle flies.
There are loads of old patterns using Fieldfare and Curlew. Some from the likes of Pritt and Edmonds and Lee.
No ideas with the straight eye, I was just tying on a variety of hooks and one I used just happened to be a straight eyed one, Tiemco 2499SPBL.

scotfly

Quote from: col on May 23, 2009, 10:40:00 AM
ive been doing a few spiders with a few turns of fine peacock herl myself lately!

A touch of Peacock Herl can work wonders. Don't know why exactly, but fish seem to love it.

paulr

Tonight I have mostly been tying foam terrestrials based on a pattern I saw on the "other" forum.

[attachimg=1]

I hope to get some action on the wee red ants in particular. Fished a Rannoch Moor lochan late last season and there were flying red ants everywhere-the trout were going daft for them.

scotfly

Nice spiders Col.  :8) Not sure that I like the glister on them though, looks a bit course for the size of fly. But that's just my opinion and the fish have given you theirs already, so I know which one will count!  :lol:

Go To Front Page