News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

If it is the same ones I am thinking about they can also be used to wind hackles. Put hackle point/stalk through loop, release and wind on  :8)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

bibio1

Clan,

thanks I use 4 for size 14, 3 for a 16 and 2 for any fly below that. Never really went down to one.

cheers

paul

Clan Chief

QuoteIf it is the same ones I am thinking about they can also be used to wind hackles. Put hackle point/stalk through loop, release and wind on 

When I was at Stoke a few weeks ago watching the Hans Weilenmann flytying demo I did notice he was using what appeared to be one of those clips for winding on hackles. Must be slightly different from the ones i have as they are not suitable.

Been tying these now for over a week or so.........

Clan Chief

Really like that cdc hackling.  It creates a very good effect

gasman

Hares Ear Parachute tied size 12/14/16.

gasman

Partridge 15BN Klink-hamer Hooks. I have these hooks in sizes 20/18/16 and 12. Size 20 and 18 make lovely Klink-hamers, but size 16 and 12 are big (as you can see in photo). I thought about tying a Klink-hamer on the size 16 and 12 but thought they would be to big in this size. Then I see Col post on the Turks/Baloon caddis theme so I tied these up.

bibio1

It looks like theres a few of us pining for spring. Don't worry only 104 days to go.

I need to try and tie some of these rubber legs they look great.

paul

Clan Chief

QuoteIt looks like theres a few of us pining for spring. Don't worry only 104 days to go
While this maybe true. I have found over the last wee while that I enjoy tying flees every bit as much as fishing.

Tonight's tyings..........

Harpo

Quote from: gasman on November 30, 2009, 01:20:08 AM
I thought about tying a Klink-hamer on the size 16 and 12 but thought they would be to big in this size.

Should Klinkhamers not be big flies, 10's/12's I always though that but have only started tieing so not sure?

Was going to buy soom Klink hooks tomorrow so what's the best size for Scottish Rivers folks?

Cheers

Stuart

paulr

They can be any size you want Stu.
The sizes I use most are Kamasan B100's in 14s and 16s.
I'll mibbe use a 12 if I'm tying  big bushy one which I want to support a decent sized nymph.
cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page