News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Watten tomorrow so tied up some warriors.

[attachimg=1]

Harpo

Nice Paul, hope you have a great time away. I want live updates by i Poddle/Smart phoney thingy :8)

Clan Chief

You are one lucky fella! nice dressings. Sure to catch. I got a few on the Warrior in July. Looking forward to hearing how you get on up there.

paulr

Thanks Clan Chief,
Your Watten Warriors report was part of the inspiration for this trip.If my Dad and I have sport half as good as you did in July we'll be over the moon!

Cheers Harpo,
If I catch a 3lber I'll send some smoke signals.

Paul

The Bandy Man

I'm tying for Caithness.

A sparkly sedgehog - I hope it works.

[attachimg=1]

John

Clan Chief

lovely looking sedgehog BC, Is that glister dubbing you used for the body
I recently posted an old pic of a fly called the Magpietail which PA. gave me. I thought I would tie up some new ones as only have one left also my tying has improved since I first tied this pattern up so here is one of the three I have tied up tonight.

Clan Chief

It's actually twisted copper wire.
Yeah Bob I thought I would try it with the red head. Nowt wrong with the original though. Next time I see you I will give you a couple to try.

The Bandy Man

Quote from: Clan Chief on September 06, 2010, 08:58:33 PM
lovely looking sedgehog BC, Is that glister dubbing you used for the body
I recently posted an old pic of a fly called the Magpietail which PA. gave me. I thought I would tie up some new ones as only have one left also my tying has improved since I first tied this pattern up so here is one of the three I have tied up tonight.

Aye, it is a glister dubbing Chief.

The Magpie tail was a totally new one to me until the other thread.

John

Clan Chief

This latest one I have tied is very much a variant , hated by some as when a fly is a variant it is in effect a completely different flee. The original has worked for me and Piscatus at hillend it remains to be seen if my new version is as effective. I digress, this thread is about what you have tied today not of the effectiveness of the flee.

Clan Chief

Tied this last night with the local Loch in mind......

Go To Front Page