News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clansman

Quote from: Malcolm on November 14, 2010, 07:48:17 PM
Nice, The one with the piocture named orangeman is very like the seatrout and salmon flies we use on the Lomond system.

There is a very famous Lomond fly called the Orangeman. It's detailed in Bill MacEwans great book "Angling on Lomond"

Hi Malcolm

didn't realise there was one called orangeman - it was a name I used for my computer files to identify the pictures - don't really have a name for it yet

George

Robbie

Messing about at the vice today:

Harpo

very nice Robbie, wish I could "mess" like that  :D

bibio1

can't really get into the tying mode yet this year but robbie they are bonnie flees. might get the vice oot now.

cheers

paul

Clan Chief

I've been experimenting with a synthetic hackle material called "Krystal Hackle". It adds a subtle bit of flash to an otherwize dull fly......

Scotaidh

Quote from: Robbie on November 21, 2010, 03:29:08 PM
Messing about at the vice today:

That is a fish catching klink for sure.

Clan Chief

I received a surprise package through the post today....... A new fly box from The essential Fly in conjunction with FFFT mag as to my surprise I was one of the winners in round two of the comp that they are running. My fly will be published in next months mag..... It was a bit of a coincidence that I was thinking of getting a new box to fill with flies for my Loch fishing especially with Loch Watten in mind. As last year when I was up there as usuall I had umpteen boxes out on the boat with me. Next year I hope to take just one box with flies to cover all my needs. Here is the first new flee to go into my new box which I tied tonight.

River Chatter

Congrats on your result CC.   :)

Robbie

Thanks for the kind comments gents.

Congratulation CC, and a cracking fly to boot!

Clan Chief

Thanks lads for your comments. The funny thing is I have a vague idea of the pattern I tied for the comp but can't remember exactly what the dressing was. I know I havent any left in my box as I recall giving the last one to my friend which he subsequently lost so Im looking forward to seeing the pattern and dressing in the mag next month.

Go To Front Page