News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

A few Beauts there Lochan!
I was @ GAC yesterday and amongst a few new materials I picked up I got some purple floss which caught my eye. I hope the troot fancy it too.
Tonight I give you the Ultra Bumble. Tied one with a tinsel rib the other three with a blue wire rib. I think I prefer the wire ribbed ones.

rannoch raider

They're quite nice! Purple isn't a colour I've used very much for flies. The snipe and a spring tube fly that originates from the Spey and I think that must be about it. They've got something about them that says loch sea trout. Bet the addition of small JC cheeks would really give it the 'wow' factor ?

Lochan_load

Nice flees and I like the colour of that floss, like RR says quite unusual to have purple but can't see any reason why!  Is it a globrite?

Wildfisher

Stan's purple sedgehog has been a known killer for years. But of course it would be.  :D

Lochan_load

Aah sir stan, was that the guy that invented scottish fishing?  :roll:

Spun the deer hair on this one 3 times before I got it right, this is why sometimes I hate doing muddlers!

[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Yeah it is glo - brite shade 15.

Lochan_load

Cheers I've only got a couple of them but it's good stuff. I got some b100s to tie snatchers but thought i would have a go at doing a shrimp pattern.  Does anyone use these for loch trout? You often read that they are a big part of the diet but never see anyone use a pattern like this. This is my second one, the first one was a disaster!!
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

The New Zealand tying carries on apace. A dozen size 10 Elk Hair Caddis in brown and black with glister bodies. Tied on heavier wire Fulling Mill 35025 barbless. I'll also do a dozen 12 and 14, plus of course some big ElkZillas. The black versions will also do as blow flies.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

1/2 dozen Elkzillas.

[attachimg=1]

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 09, 2014, 12:10:30 PM
Cheers I've only got a couple of them but it's good stuff. I got some b100s to tie snatchers but thought i would have a go at doing a shrimp pattern.  Does anyone use these for loch trout? You often read that they are a big part of the diet but never see anyone use a pattern like this. This is my second one, the first one was a disaster!!
[attachimg=1]

Never tried 1 but i can remember 1 day my nephews neoprene waders were covered in them when he was wading in a whumper loch with me. That was the 1st time i had seen them in that loch.

Go To Front Page