News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

I think i'm beginning to get the hang of this. I shot it with a white background so you can see the translucent effect that's the essence of these patterns
[attachimg=1]

i'm out of silver pheasant now.... :roll:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

You are definitely getting the hang of it Dave. It would be shame to use that and risk some alien spoiling the look :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

corsican dave

Quote from: haresear on November 18, 2015, 09:52:40 PM
You are definitely getting the hang of it Dave. It would be shame to use that and risk some alien spoiling the look :)

Alex

cheers, Alex!  :D i'd trade it for a pb tho', no worries. i'm not about to start framing the things :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

There's something really nice about that last one Dave. I can see that working well fished deep on loch Leven. It's not a million miles removed from the Elver patterns either. What size of hook are you tying them on ?

corsican dave

#3/0 kamasan uptides b950u. reasonably cheap @£1.50 for 6. i'd run out of salmon hooks  :lol:

bibio1

Yip all of them are great tyings.  When you look at the flies on this thread the diversity is just amazing.

Page 400 gets ever closer as well, which is equally amazing.

Wildfisher

Beautifully tied fly Dave. Unfortunately after 1/2 dozen cast it will look like mince.  :lol:  The good news however is it will still catch fish, in fact often the scruffier wet  flies are the more effective they become.

Lochan_load

My first for quite some time and includes two new components for me. Firstly a veniard osprey Scandinavian double hook which is excellent, really tough and well forged. The osprey hooks are a bit hit and miss but i tend  to try them out because they are a good bit cheaper, these though were 10 for £10 but you can tell the quality is there. The other is blue lure flash, £1.80 for a big hank and it's a nice 'seatrouty' teal blue. Probably quite useful even for a wee fleck in a teal blue and silver. Nothing ground breaking but it's broke my duck, prepare to get fed up of looking at my flies again!!
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

it might be a long time before you see the next one. a very, very long time indeed. I've just been introduced to the dubious delights of oliver Edwards  :lol:

on second thoughts, life's too short; i'll stick to the foam ear-plugs and 5/0 hooks  :8)

Lochan_load

Same materials but muddled
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page