News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

You're tying some cracking flies just now dave, are you using dumbbell eyes on those last 2?

corsican dave

cheers Andy! nope, it's just that my heads are so shite I have to fill the gap in with glue so it just looks like it. I didn't want dumbbells on these 'cos I wanted to fish them with a sinker and let them billow about a bit. that's my excuse anyway  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Fair does, wondered if you were using the funky flytying dumbbells eyes, they're not weighted so you just tie them in like normal ones and they have the durability of a dumbbell, they're pretty good

corsican dave

SNAFU, a pike popper on the cheap (see the Ali's Handbag post)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

bunny clouser; a barbel special. hopefully.... this one does have dumbbell eyes Andy  :wink:

corsican dave

and another bunny fry pattern. this one's so simple; if you can tie on and do a whip finish you can do it  :8)

rannoch raider

That'll be the forty pound Spanish Barbel catered for then Dave ? Strange to think of a barbel taking a pike size fly when you consider how they are fished for over here.

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on December 01, 2015, 11:15:30 PM
That'll be the forty pound Spanish Barbel catered for then Dave ? Strange to think of a barbel taking a pike size fly when you consider how they are fished for over here.
aye, no imagination most folk eh? there's a discussion on facebook at present along the lines of "will barbel take a fly?" it's also funny that the very few who have caught on the fly seem to think they've discovered something new.... it was the same for pike and swff over here (uk) a few years ago :roll:

this pattern will be perfect for pike and swff too, btw. i'll whizz one up in pikey colours this evening, maybe with some magnum zonker on a #5/0

scoobyscott

A few more nymphs for the grayling if the rivers ever settle [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

Very nice. I've got a fly box full of them that never seen the water last year !

Go To Front Page