News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

And from below[attachimg=1]

haresear

Your latest offering looks like a Madam X Robbie.
The B175 should be fine. I often use these in preference to "dry fly" hooks which are often too fine in the wire for my liking.

On your DHE... I agree with Fred that the wing is too long. In future you could try tearing the tips off instead of snipping them if you have gone too long. It gives a slightly better look - not the fish will care :)
Protect the edge.

haresear

Quote from: haresear on March 31, 2017, 11:57:55 AM
Your latest offering looks like a Madam X Robbie.
The B175 should be fine. I often use these in preference to "dry fly" hooks which are often too fine in the wire for my liking.

On your DHE... I agree with Fred that the wing is too long. In future you could try tearing the tips off instead of snipping them if you have gone too long. It gives a slightly better look - not the fish will care :)

Oops sorry. That was in response to your latest posts Lochan Load, not Robbie. :)
Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

That's a shame, I thought a madam x Robbie sounded like an interesting fly  :lol:

haresear

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 31, 2017, 12:37:53 PM
That's a shame, I thought a madam x Robbie sounded like an interesting fly  :lol:

:lol:
Protect the edge.

Robbie

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 31, 2017, 12:37:53 PM
madam x Robbie sounded like an interesting fly  :lol:

More like the stuff of nightmares, very very disturbing nightmares!!

But a cracking fly Andy.

Lochan_load

Madam Robbie does Conjer up some strange mental images  :shock:  :lol:

Thought you might like a look at this Fred, olive thread and the tiniest bit of seals fur/hares mask and the teal hackle again. March brown esque
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

They're a bugger to get a photo of btw, was quite happy with this one but it's impossible to get a decent angle!

scoobyscott

Wow! You guys have been busy churning out some belting flies. I had 50+ pages to catch up on! Great thread

Lochan_load

Nymph rubber thing  :lol: a wee bit of weight added but not much, should get it down.
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page