News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

I've never tried any of this before so reading with great interest guys. Woops , sorry ! Should have posted on the dye thread !

Clan Chief

Back @ the Muddling!

pedropete

evening lads,always find something to inspire me back to the vice on these pages, thanks for posting, just on the stickleback theme, I've always done well with  an old favorite from the orkneys "sandy mconns ace of spades"  either a pearl rib or a silver rib..great fly..

Robbie

Cracking flies.

I've tied an adaptation of a fly I first tied during last years EOSS. Only change is switch of tail from same material as underwing to tipper.

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Also thinking of stickle backs I finally got round to tying an interpretation of a Rektor (Icelandic pattern). Couldn't find a pattern so loosely based on a photograph:

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

There was a Rektor pattern given in an article in either T & S or FF&FT just recently. Might see it on line ?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Clan Chief

bibio1

Quote from: pedropete on August 28, 2017, 09:44:01 PM
evening lads,always find something to inspire me back to the vice on these pages, thanks for posting, just on the stickleback theme, I've always done well with  an old favorite from the orkneys "sandy mconns ace of spades"  either a pearl rib or a silver rib..great fly..

I really like them...
You should be coming to south uist.with us

pedropete

bibio1 id love to trust me.. i can't wait to fish new waters, I need to be in from the start so i can plan my time off from work..im a relative novice on wild waters,be great to meet you lads and learn the ropes...ill be at the next one for sure..

bibio1

Would be good.to have you come along.....keep.tying

Go To Front Page